cold

i like that

May 3, 2010

Introductions

I started I like That simply to share the images of people I have seen wondering around my university. I'm not going to lie, when I first started at Melbourne University I struggled. Lets just say University was not my thing. Honestly, as shallow as I may seem to admit this, but one of the only things that motivated me to attend was the opportunity to check out some very well dressed ladies and gentlemen. Lets just say school uniform was never my thing either. I have always loved clothing. I would say I also love fashion, but maybe that's the wrong word, style may be a little more accurate at describing what attracts my eyes to a person. My respect for a person who is able to say something about them self in the way they dress is slightly unnatural, but existent all the same.

With this is mind, this year I am studying a subject that is based upon youth expression. A part of the assessment is to create an 'artefact' that is for 'youth'. I really believe that fashion and clothing has a huge influence upon youth and identity construction, so my artefact will be in support of this opinion in the form of a Melbourne University style blog.

Lets Play

No comments:

Post a Comment